The event marked the debut of the NEXTFactor Trailblazer Webinar Series, hosted by Paul Ouimet, CEO, and Greg Oates, Chief Innovation Officer, of NEXTFactor.
In September 2018, TripAdvisor launched a re-imagined website with a new travel feed on the homepage. The destination-first approach now integrates travel experiences and hotel/restaurant reviews, providing a much more comprehensive overview of a destination.
Also, TripAdvisor users can now connect with friends and share recommendations with each other within the site, and there’s a new group of travel companies and media groups providing a wealth of fresh content. Previously, only destination organizations were able to post information on travel experiences.
All of that provides an unprecedented level of personalization for consumers striving to find the most relevant travel information in any given destination.
Some of the takeaways from our conversation with Steve:
- How and why TripAdvisor reworked the site based on shifting consumer demands
- How the new social layer moves consumers down the research funnel through the inspiration and discovery phases
- Insight into the increasing diversity, mix and price points in the tours and activities sector
- How brands are making online booking easier in-destination by reducing friction to drive higher conversion rates
- Destinations have an increasing wealth of inter-connected channels to target consumers with personalized experiences
- Why destinations and experience providers need to have easy cancellation policies to drive mobile bookings in-destination
- How TripAdvisor and similar platforms help steer visitors deeper into destinations with customized recommendations
- How destinations can access increasing amounts of data on visitor behavior
Watch the full webinar below to hear about the above, and how destination marketing and management organizations can collaborate with TripAdvisor.
The new NEXTFactor Trailblazer Webinar Series explores best practices in destination development and community engagement. Each webinar is designed to help destination organizations achieve “Trailblazer” status in the DestinationNEXT Assessment Tool, developed by NEXTFactor in partnership with Destinations International.
Top photo: The Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh